Newport Center Compounding Pharmacy works with dentists and dental patients to formulate unique dental medications to meet patient needs.
Examples of Dental Compounds:
- Mouth rinse for oral ulcerations (canker sores) containing a combination of various medications like antibiotics, antihistamines, antifungals, anesthetics, antivirals, corticosteroids, misoprostol, phenytoin, etc.
- Transdermal preparations for pain syndromes such as neuralgias and temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ). These dental compounds might contain anti-inflammatory agents, either alone or in combination with a pain drug such as ketamine. For more information on pain medication.
- Cosmetic dental formulations such as bleaching gel or mouthwashes.
- Commercially unavailable medications and dosage forms.
- Special flavoring
- Preparation of medications for intraoral infections such as periodontal disease and candidiasis.
- Electrolyte troches for dry mouth.
- Discontinued or out-of-stock medications
- Combinations of drugs (topical, oral, injectable)
- Sugar-free, dye-free, preservative-free medicines